We know that there are issues that are affecting Student Support Supervisors. We have heard from fellow Student Support Workers that they want some job security, and safety issues taken care of, among other issues.
There are various reasons to join CUPE 7575, for things which you currently do not have, such as
- Job security
- Paid sick time
- Fairness in hiring
- Benefits, pending hours worked.
- You wouldn’t have to be hired back each year.
- Professional development and training.
Other benefits will include:
- The Employer and Administration will be accountable to Student Support Supervisors in all the same aspects as they are with Educational Assistants.
- The CUPE 7575 executive will be able to be a part of this by having input on job descriptions, hours of work and duties.