As a permanent or a casual member of CUPE Local 7575 you have voice and vote into every decision! Matters that are financially relevant are especially important for the membership’s input and approval, as it is the members’ union dues that are being spent! It is you, the member, that directs the Executive.
With membership participation and support a union is stronger. Each month we meet to share with you what your union representatives have been doing on your behalf. Attending these meetings is a way that members can get involved. It can certainly help to answer the question “What does the union do for me?”
Did you know that we need only 15 members (of 1000) to attend a monthly meeting in order to conduct the business of the union?! Most locations have more than one Educational Assistant, so we encourage you to take turns attending the meetings to bring back the information to your colleagues, as we know that finding time outside of work can be difficult at times. We need your commitment to attend!
Here are the 2018-19 dates for the General Membership Meetings that will start up again in September!
Meetings are held at the Local 7575 Union office, 426 Third St. London, unless otherwise noted.
1. Wednesday, September 12th* (A special meeting to address the annual budget and possible purchase of an office space only. )
2. Wednesday, September 19th* (A regular meeting to address the remaining business not addressed on the 12th. )
3. Wednesday, October 24th
4. Wednesday, November 21st No December meeting
1. Saturday, January 26th – 9:30 am
2. Saturday, February 16th – 9:30 am No March meeting
3. Wednesday, April 17th
4. Wednesday, May 15th – Nominations for Elected Officer positions
5. Wednesday, June 19th – Elections for Elected officer positions
Please consider joining a committee – sign up is available at the September 19th, 2018 meeting, and every month following.